Monday, February 18, 2008

Arab TV Programs

I must concede that I am not a great fan of Arab TV series. However, I decided to list some of the things that I would like to see in terms of the way these programs are directed and produced. Here is the list in no particular order:

*I would like to see an Arab TV show that uses flashbacks or flashforwards.
*Even better, I would like to see a show that uses a flashback within a flash back.
*I would like to see Arab shows that have a synopsis of relevant past events at the beginning of each episode.
*It would be nice if it was the standard, not the exception for an Arab TV show to run for more than one season.
*I would like to see a complex, multi-layered, nonlinear plot that keeps the viewer guessing or causes him to think, to anxiously wait for the next episode.
*I would like to see a TV show where two or more story lines merge at one point.
*I would like to see a show narrated by the first person who happens to be the main character.
*The use of techniques like cold open, cliffhangers at the end of episodes, smash cuts and other plot devises
*This is not likely to happen anytime soon, but I would like to see a TV program that challenges the current social norms, not reinforce them.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator
electronic health record system
electronic health record system