Monday, December 24, 2007

Reading


Two weeks ago I found this article on salon.com:

http://www.salon.com/books/awards/2007/12/12/best_books/

The Journalist was complaining about a new report that found that 25% of Americans have not read a single book in the last 12 months.

After reading that article I did not know if I should roll on the floor from laughing or cry for hours; It is safe to say that at least 75% of people in Jordan never read a book after leaving college(or high school if that was their highest level of education.)

The author goes on to describe American reading habits as depressing.

I am not sure what would happen to her if she knew about the reading habits of Jordanians, she would probably be dead from fatal depression by now and after that would spend an eternity rolling in her grave.

Here is the full report she sited:

http://www.nea.gov/research/ToRead_ExecSum.pdf

Just for the record, I read more than 22 books this year and I am stuck in the middle of another five.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator
electronic health record system
electronic health record system