Friday, November 10, 2006

Lady In The Water


On the recommendation of my friend Alaa, I went with him to see the movie " Lady In The Water."

This turned out to be a great movie from the thriller/fantasy genre. The acting of Paul Giamatti, was excellent to say the least. The thriller aspects of this movie reminded me a lot of the movie "Identity". None of the characters know their role in the greater scheme of things and in the first round they all figure it out incorrectly. The plot is somewhat multi-layered and complex and it is very nice watching it unfold.

After watching the movie, I decided to see on the internet how well the movie did. I found out that it did not do so well in the US box office largely because of bad reviews by the critics in the pre-release period. This confirms my hypothesis from my earlier blog posts regarding the critics not knowing their asses from their elbows.

The critics had a large problem with the director/writer making a cameo appearance in the movie. I say to them:" I fart in your general direction." I think most directors would like to make a cameo appearance in at least one of their movies. And the fact that the director did just that, does not take anything away from the greatness of this movie.

I am not sure what sort of of stuff they teach in movie critics school, but judging by the crap that comes out of critics' mouths, I would say it is no good.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator
electronic health record system
electronic health record system