Sunday, December 10, 2006

Star Bucks Sucks

Back in 1995-1999, star bucks coffee was sort of OK, even good sometimes(depending on the blend). But things changed and Star Bucks became the Vole(M$) of Coffee houses(Maybe it always was). Trying to shove crappy products down our throats for a really expensive price.

On my last trip to the US back in June, I could not even finish a Star Bucks coffee. And when people talked about how great Star Bucks coffee was, I always wanted to punch them in the face.

In my heart of hearts, I always knew that Star Bucks coffee sucked. But what made me an expert? Are all these people who worship at the altar of Star Bucks wrong? Yes, I did try over a 150 different coffee brews in 5 states in the US and in 5 countries in the European continent, but does that make me a coffee expert? Could it be that my personal taste is just different from the masses who know better?

Well, I finally found expert confirmation for what I knew all along. In blind tests Star Bucks coffee looses all the time. Star Bucks coffee only tastes good because of the power of the brand. Just check out the links:

http://www.canadianbusiness.com/after_hours/lifestyle_products/article.jsp?content=20060926_105646_1532

http://www.coffeereview.com/allreviews.cfm?search=1

Star Bucks only made it to the list with a single entry and it got a stupid score of 90% which just barely qualified it for this list. Some of Star Bucks' other blends have a horrendous score of just 78. Even the coffee that I used to make at home would probably get a better score than that.

So Star Bucks Lovers, enjoy your "under-brewed and very unremarkable. Stale" coffee.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Qwaider قويدر said...

Starbucks : coffee :: McDonalds: beef
Or
"Starbucks is to cofee as McDonalds is to Beef"

5:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I hate Starbucks too. In the US, they often have attractive girls make the coffee, which is probably the problem. I prefer to have an ugly guy make good coffee.

5:36 AM  
Blogger Mohammed Raei said...

I prefer a hot woman to make a good cup of coffee.

5:46 AM  
Blogger girl witta attitude said...

if ya'll ddnt know starbucks supports jews you wouldnt be sayin that shit right now, not even trying to compare its coffee with other places and doing surveys.
i love that coffee

9:19 AM  
Blogger Mohammed Raei said...

Unfortunately, the way the global economy works is that even when you buy stuff from a company that does not directly support Israel or even when you buy locally made stuff, you are benefiting Israel.

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator
electronic health record system
electronic health record system