Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Total Cost of Stupidity

I have been visiting Jordanian industrial companies for the last 4 yrs now, trying to sell them high quality stuff that has very little running and maintenance costs over their life time. I did have an acceptable amount of success.

One of the of most frustrating things about trying to sell high quality/high cost stuff is the alien nature of the concept of total cost of owner ship to the owners and purchasing departments of most Jordanian business. So much so, I no longer bother to mention it. I might as well talk to donkeys or preach to monkeys or sing to the deaf.

By my own conservative calculations, businesses in Jordan could save millions of JDs if they started looking at the total cost of ownership.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator
electronic health record system
electronic health record system